The first training workshop of the Interreg ADRION PORTODIMARE Project will be held on 22 and 23 October 2019 in Hotel Atrium, in Split, Croatia.
The PORTODIMARE project aims at creating a common platform (Geoportal) for data, information and decision support tools focused on coastal and marine areas of the Adriatic-Ionian Region. The Geoportal integrates and further develops existing databases, portals and tools developed within previous EU projects by local and national administrations and by other initiatives. Through this approach, most of the available knowledge and resources will be efficiently organized and made accessible through a single virtual space, thus supporting coordinated, regionally / transnationally coherent and transparent decision-making processes, with the perspective of remaining operative and being expanded well beyond the project conclusion.
The main objectives of the first training are to:
- Recall Geoportal and Modules use and relevance within the ICZM-MSP process;
- Present the Geoportal and the seven Modules developed;
- Assist implementation of pilot actions;
- Teach how to use (general use/purpose; but also in selected testing sites) Geoportal and Modules through practical sessions; and
- Promote co-learning and coordinated improvement of the modules